Sports Day 15/07/14
It's that time of year again! Ready...set....go!
On Tuesday 15th July we are holding our whole school Sports Day at Handsworth Park. This will take place during the normal hours of the school day. As this is an off-site event, please can you complete and return the consent form attached no later than Friday 11th July.
Please also indicate on the consent form whether your child is fasting on this day and if they are able to take part in Sports Day.
On the day, your child will need to bring:
· A packed lunch. (If your child is entitled to a free school meal, this will be provided by school)
· A minimum of two bottled drinks (not fizzy, preferably 1 litre of fluid in total).
· Sun protection cream and a hat/cap if required.
· Full Westminster P.E. Kit (new style kit only) – children can wear this for the whole day; there is no need to bring school uniform.
· Suitable footwear – trainers or pumps. (Children will not be allowed to participate in shoes)
Please discourage your child from bringing any other possessions as Westminster Primary will not accept liability should belongings be lost or damaged during the event. We also ask that your child is not wearing jewellery on the day of the event as we do not have a secure storage space available throughout the day.
If the weather is unsuitable on the day, the event will be cancelled. As an alternative, children will participate in games at school.
Due to the physical nature of Sports Day, it is vital that you disclose all medical conditions on the consent form and ensure that your child is equipped with the necessary medication on the day. Any child without their medication will be unable to participate.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at school should you have any questions.