Monday 6th September arrangements
Dear parents/ carers,
We hope you have had a lovely summer break. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you and the children back to school on Monday 6th September.
After reviewing the latest government guidelines, we are in a position to explain school arrangements for the beginning and end of the day.
(Nursery and Reception parents have received separate letters about staggered starting dates.)
Start of the day for Reception to Year 6
Gates open 8:25 am
Children lined up and collected by teachers 8:35 am
Gates close 8:50 am
End of the day for Reception to Year 6
Gates open for collection of children 3:30 pm
Drop off/ Collection points for Reception to Year 6
Class/ year group Drop off/ collection point
RA Blue key stage 1 doors (by the sports cage)
RB RB class doors
Year 1 Year 1 classroom doors
Year 2 Red key stage 1 doors
Year 3 Football cage
Year 4 Tennis courts
Year 5 Key stage 2 canopy
Year 6 Table tennis zone
Start of the day for Nursery
Morning session 8.30 am (Westminster Road entrance)
Afternoon session 12.30 pm (Westminster Road entrance)
End of the day for Nursery
Morning session 11.30 am (Westminster Road entrance)
Afternoon session 3.30 pm (Westminster Road entrance)
In line with current government guidance, we will no longer be using the ‘bubble’ system in school. If there is a Covid-19 outbreak, we will take the necessary precautions in line with Public Health England guidance. We will be keeping some key measures in place including; regular washing of hands, enhanced cleaning of rooms and ventilation of classrooms.
If your child shows symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature; new, continuous cough; loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste), they must not attend school and you should book a PCR test via the NHS website. Please inform school on the first day of absence and the test result when you receive it. Only a child who has symptoms of Covid-19 or has a positive test result will be required to isolate. All other children must attend school as normal.
· Please ensure that your child brings in a labelled water bottle every day.
· Please ensure that your child wears their school uniform each day (TRAINERS ARE NOT ALLOWED, but children can bring them to school for playing football etc. as long they have school shoes to change into).
· Children should come to school in their P.E kit on their P.E days (children MUST wear the CORRECT SCHOOL KIT). Teachers will inform you about the P.E days in due course.
· Please liaise with our school SENCO to ensure that any medication needed by your child is in school and that you have completed a medical form.
· If your child has an allergy please ensure that the medical form is completed and returned to the school office.
· Please ensure that your child has an appropriate bag to protect reading books.
As always, thank you for your ongoing support. We look forward to seeing you on Monday 6th September.
Mr M Samad